The following agencies have submitted planned activities.
Good Samaritan Free Clinic
- Join us for dinner from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Blaze Pizza in Martinsburg and 20% of sales will be donated back to Good Samaritan Free Clinic. To participate, stop by the clinic on Wednesday evenings or email email@example.com to get a fundraising flyer that must be presented to the cashier.
- Good Samaritan Free Clinic along with Faith Community Coalition for the Homeless will distribute sock and hygiene kits to the homeless on Giving Tuesday. To volunteer for this event, join us at 601 S. Raleigh St in Martinsburg from 2 to 4 p.m. https://goodsamaritanfreeclinic.org
Faith Community Coalition for the Homeless
- Faith Community Coalition for the Homeless along with Good Samaritan Free Clinic will distribute sock and hygiene kits to the homeless on Giving Tuesday. To volunteer for this event, join us at 601 S. Raleigh St in Martinsburg from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Faith Community Coalition for the Homeless (FCCH) is able to provide emergency shelter to the homeless in the Eastern Panhandle of WV when the shelters are full or unable to accommodate the homeless person/family. Learn more here: https://faithcommunitycoalitionforhomeless.com/
Community Alternatives to Violence
- Community Alternatives to Violence will be sponsoring a craft making event for participant children and streaming it on Facebook. http://www.commav.org/
Morgan County Starting Points
- Join Morgan County Starting Points for Dine Out for Hunger. From 4pm to closing on November 27, Morgan on Main, Tari’s Café, The Country Inn, Angus & Ale, and Berkeley Springs Bowlerama will donate a percentage of all sales back to Starting Points.
- Also, by making a direct donation of $50 to Morgan County Starting Points, you can feed a person for a month and will combat hunger in our community. Find out more here: http://www.starting-points.org/?page_id=1164.
Black Cat Music Cooperative
- Join BlackCat Music Cooperative on #GivingTuesdayEP, November 27th so we can continue our programs of helping at risk kids have a productive after school experience. Your generous contributions, make possible a musical instrument and lessons for a child that could change their life.
- Every hour for 24 hours, starting at 7 am, BlackCat Music Cooperative will take your donations and will partner with The United Way of The Eastern Panhandle to make this the best #GivingTuesdayEP on record! Every hour is precious, every hour can help another kid. www.blackcatmusiccooperative.org
Berkeley Senior Services
Community Networks Inc.
- Community Networks, Inc. is partnering with the 7-11 located at 23 Jefferson Ave., Charles Town, WV 25414 from 3 pm until 5 pm. Staff from CNI will be outside of 7-11 selling our loaded coffee mugs. All proceeds from the loaded coffee mugs will benefit The Bethany House, which is the homeless shelter for women and children.
- Community Networks, Inc. will also have a drop box set up at The Bethany House for new coats, gloves, and hats from 8 am until 8 pm. Please join us at either location to support The Bethany House. https://www.facebook.com/CommunityNetworksInc/
Church Without Walls Ministries
- Church Without Walls Ministries is sharing Christmas Cheer on Giving Tuesday. Join us at the Holiday Inn on November 27, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Christmas Items will be available. Your donations will help build lives as we continue to help those in need within our community. Online donations may be submitted at: www.thechurchwithoutwallsministries.com
Horses with Hearts
- Shop at Orr’s Farm Market and support Horses with Hearts on Giving Tuesday, November 27. Tell the clerk at checkout that you are shopping for Horses with Hearts and Orr’s will donate 10% back.
- Horses with Hearts and David P. McMasters Photography are teaming up to provide family photos on November 27. The entire $25 session will be donated to Horses with Hearts. The photos will then be viewed, ordered, and a portion of package sales will also be donated to Horses with Hearts. Photo sessions will take place from 2 – 8 pm at the Holiday Inn Martinsburg. Please call for an appointment. The photo sessions will be by appointment only. No walkins. Call (304) 267-4199.
- Horses with Hearts will host an online auction on their Facebook page through midnight on November 27.
- Buffalo Wild Wings will donate 10% of sales from 5-9 p.m. A coupon can be printed from the Horses with Hearts Facebook page. Customers must present the coupon to participate.
- AVON and Horses with Hearts are partnering to provide Herbie the Hedgehog to the Berkeley Co Sheriff Dept. Make a donation of $20.00 and a Herbie will donated to the officers to provide comfort to children that may be on the scene of a call. Horses with Hearts will also receive a 40% donation back from AVON.
Berkeley County BackPack Program
- The Berkeley County BackPack Program will be collecting food and household items for its Christmas Project from 9 to 11 am on Giving Tuesday at its facility at 300 Foxcroft Ave., Martinsburg (use the rear door down the ramp). Requested items are nonperishable family foods, cleaning supplies, paper products and hygiene items, which will be given to Program families for the holidays. In addition, Strategic Resolution Experts, Inc. of Martinsburg will be matching all monetary donations made in connection with Giving Tuesday up to $5000. http://feedbcwvkids.org/
Good Shepherd Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers
- Good Shepherd Caregivers will receive 10% of your total Glory Days Grill food purchases when you dine there any day of the week from now until Dec 31, 2018. Bring your neighbors, friends, and relatives, because the 10% applies to the total food bill. Just ask your server for a copy of your guest check (not credit card receipt) and bring it by our office.
Boys and Girls Club of the Eastern Panhandle
Junior Mentoring Programs (JUMP)
- Junior Mentoring Programs is partnering with Five Guys restaurant from 5 to 9 pm on Giving Tuesday. Five Guys is donating 15% of all sales to JUMP. Please join us for dinner that day and support youth mentoring in the Eastern Panhandle! https://www.facebook.com/jumpwv
- Catholic Charities is partnering with Brix 27 on Giving Tuesday. From 3 p.m. to closing, Brix 27 will donate 10% of sales back to Catholic Charities.
- To make a gift to Catholic Charities, visit https://catholiccharitieswv.org/all-causes/
- PurposeFull Paws is partnering with CHIPOTLE on #GivingTuesday! Make dinner a selfless act by going into Chipotle at 927 Foxcroft Ave in Martinsburg November 27 from 4:00 – 8:00. Tell them you are with PurposeFULL Paws and 33% of the proceeds will be donated to PurposeFull Paws.
- PurposeFull Paws is also collecting supplies from our Wish List in person or online- click this link for information: https://purposefullpaws.org/donate/supplies-you-can-donate/
- Funds donated will go toward training equipment and supplies used to train Service/Assistance Dogs for those with disabilities.
United Way of the Eastern Panhandle
- Join us for the Jingle & Mingle Volunteer and Vendor Fair at the Holiday Inn Martinsburg on November 27 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. to meet representatives from local non-profit organizations who seek volunteers. While you're there, visit vendor booths to shop for gifts for others (or yourself) while you learn about ways to get involved and give back to the community. Attendees will have an opportunity to purchase tickets for a chance to win gift baskets as part of the 4th Annual Reindeer Raffle. This event is free and open to the public. To view the Facebook event, click here.
- Author Deborah E. Hammond will hold a book signing at the Martinsburg Daily Grind on Tuesday, November 27th from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Martinsburg Daily Grind is located at 778 Foxcroft Avenue, Martinsburg, WV. A portion of all book sales will be donated to the United Way of the Eastern Panhandle. To view the Facebook event, click here.
- The Wellness Center at Berkeley Medical Center will offer donation-based yoga classes at 11:15 a.m., 5 p.m., and 7 p.m. All donations will benefit United Way of the Eastern Panhandle. To view the Facebook, click here.
- City National Bank has issued a “Battle of the Banks” challenge to area banks to hold their own fundraisers to benefit United Way of the Eastern Panhandle. Participating banks include CNB, First United Bank & Trust, United Bank, and Jefferson Security Bank.
- Macy’s will hold a special event fundraiser for its employees to give back to United Way of the Eastern Panhandle.
- City National Bank will host a Live Broadcast by 97.5 WKMZ from 11 a.m – 1 p.m at the King Street location in Martinsburg.
- Horses with Hearts will host a holiday photo booth at the Jingle & Mingle Volunteer and Vendor Fair at the Holiday Inn Martinsburg on November 27 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Donations from this activity benefit United Way.