United Way of the Eastern Panhandle Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
INCLUSIVENESS: We are strong only when we are inclusive. We therefore:
- Aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of our work.
- Act in ways that respect the dignity, uniqueness, and intrinsic worth of every person, the community, the donors, our own Board members, employees, volunteers and representatives.
- Believe in a movement built from the rich diversity and gifts of all people in all systems.
DIVERSITY & EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: UWEP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity. We therefore:
- Value, champion and embrace diversity in all aspects of UWEP activities and respect others without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation or status as a qualified disabled or handicapped individual.
- Support affirmative action and equal opportunity programs; the Board will review its diversity and affirmative action policies every three years.
- Refuse to engage in or tolerate in any form of discrimination or harassment.